2013 marks the 10th year of Alixa and Naima’s creative collaboration as Climbing PoeTree!!
You are invited to an epic event
at the National Black Theater in Harlem
to honor the journey!
BELOW IS A LIST OF OUR CONFIRMED SPECIAL GUESTS! CHECK OUT WHO WILL BE SERVING DELICIOUS TREATS!
Mark your calendars and book your travel for what promises to be an unforgettable affair!
Saturday, July 27, 2013
6:00 p.m. House opens
* Hurricane Season installation
* exhibition of original artwork by Alixa and Naima
* the entire S.T.I.T.C.H.E.D. tapestry on display (5,000+ stories)
* 10 year retrospective slide show
* archival exhibit feat. relics of Climbing PoeTree’s history
* dollar menu of delicious, organic living desserts and savories by Sweet Mama!
*get your wine one!
8:00 p.m. Show
* OPENING ACTS
by some of our most beloved and fierce artist comrades!
* CLIMBING POETREE w/ LIVE BAND! featuring:
Beatrice Anderson (vocals)
Jasmine Burems (vocals)
Alixa & Naima (lyrics)
* FASHION SHOW
Alixa and Naima’s line of original silk-screened clothing and hand-designed attire worn by NYC’s most ravishing rebels
@ The Renowned
National Black Theatre
2033 National Black Theatre Way
(5th Ave & 125th St)
Harlem, NY, USA
Tickets $15 in advance here
$20 at the door (theater seats 150!)
Can’t wait to see you there!
Thank you to everyone who has supported and strengthened us throughout the years.
We love you!
Alixa and Naima
ART is our WEAPON, our MEDICINE, our VOICE, and our VISION!